Meridian therapy originates from Traditional Chinese Medicine. These techniques are an acupressure technique designed to restore energy flow through the 12 meridians of the body. They work in a variety of ways to release blockages and restore balance in mind and body.
Restored energy flow has demonstrated benefits in physical and mental health in many ways, including pain relief and improved learning abilities.
Reasons For Meridian Therapy
People use meridian therapy for so many different reasons. It can be performed on its own, or combined with other treatments, such as massage therapy or chiropractic therapy. Some studies have shown that meridian therapy reduces nausea during pregnancy and chemotherapy. It is commonly used to treat headaches, arthritis, lower back pain, anxiety and depression, and certain addictions.
Meridian therapy treats a wide range of conditions, including but not limited to:
- Circulatory: high blood pressure, low blood pressure, atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease
- Emotional: stress, anxiety, insomnia, depression
- Gastrointestinal: IBS, acid reflux, digestive difficulties
- Gynecological: premenstrual syndrome, painful periods, infertility, menopause
- Immune: immune system support
- Neurological: headaches, post-op pain, stroke recovery
- Respiratory: allergies, cold, flu
- Urogenital: UTIs, incontinence, sexual dysfunction
- Other meridian therapy benefits include: weight control, detox and addiction support, relief from pain, relief from fibromyalgia